Table of Contents
Top 10 effective ways to increase oxygen level organically
Top 10 effective ways to increase oxygen level organically
Oxygen Level needs to be assessed regularly especially in the current pandemic situation. Oxygen provides 90% of energy to our body it is suggested to maintain oxygen saturation >96%, below 90% oxygen is severe and requires supplemental oxygen. We can maintain our oxygen level at home by practicing minor lifestyle changes.
What is oxygen level?
It is total oxygen circulating in our blood which is transported by a red protein called hemoglobin throughout the body and is carried by Red Blood Cells.
Why maintain oxygen level?
We are alive because we inhale oxygen that’s the reason why we need to maintain oxygen level.
Oxygen works as fuel by supplying energy which in the form of ATP regulates our body.
Major oxygen level fluctuation may lead to critical organ damage.
Physical activities also depend on oxygen level we can be healthier and happier.
Every cell needs oxygen so to meet each cell’s need oxygen should be there up to a specific range.
A blood oxygen level indicates how well the oxygen is distributed from the lungs to each cell.
Ten effective ways to Increase Oxygen level:
- Equal breathing means inhale and exhale slowly and practice 30 rounds of it in a day.
- Involve all the muscles equally like the diaphragm, intercostals muscles while breathing inhales and exhale fully.
- Practice Kapalbhati Pranayama which helps in releasing toxins out of the body.
- Try to practice Diaphragmatic breathing in this try to involve diaphragm it’s also called belly breathing this a slow breathing.
- Breathing might be an involuntary exercise but we still practice it to maintain or increase the oxygen level.
Iron Rich Food Intake:
- We should work on our diet plan to increase iron intake because iron-deficient food may lead to a low hemoglobin count.
- Eat food that increases oxygen supply in our body like beetroot, legumes, eggs, garlic, apple, tofu, shrimp, egg.
- Iron deficiency can make us feel tired and exhausted and excessive deficiency may lead to a disease called Anaemia.
- Even people suffering from asthma or hypoxemia should eat oxygen/iron-rich food green vegetables are the best under this category as they are mainly composed of oxygen, hydrogen, and water like spinach, kiwi, broccoli.
- Also, involve raw food in your diet like sprout seeds, nuts, and most importantly none of them has side effects.
- To expel carbon dioxide out our lungs need hydration to impact oxygen levels so we should drink water quite too often.
- Hydration is directly connected to oxygenation.
- To stay hydrated we should drink water and water-rich foods like cucumber, eggplant, zucchini, radish, lettuce.
- In a hydrated body, it’s easier to regulate oxygen and nutrients to the whole body.,
- Despite the water, you can stay hydrated by drinking smoothies, fruit juices, or any healthy drink of your choice.
Avoid sedentary lifestyle:
- As of the current pandemic situation, remote working has taken place and our moving has been reduced even recent studies have proven that people with a sedentary lifestyle are more likely to get infected by a coronavirus.
- We should spare time to relax or stretch for a while because a sedentary lifestyle leads to various diseases least we could do is get some fresh air after an hour or two of sitting at the same place or else work in the open air.
- Also, manage some time for exercises or yoga to keep a balance in a body functioning.
- Even while working you can keep practicing nose breathing it will help you to maintain oxygen level and avoid fatigue or depressive thoughts.
- Growing plants is much required to get fresh air as they inhale oxygen and inhale carbon dioxide.
- Plants also help our mind to get relaxed as nature is the best healer.
- Planting is beneficial in numerous ways be it for us or an environment each new plant adds one the oxygen amount.
- Also, there’s no such thing as plants produce better oxygen no oxygen is a molecule it remains the same.
- You can get some indoor plants which produce most oxygen and also purifies the air like pothos, peace lily, areca palm, snake plant
- Always open windows of your house so that fresh air can enter as it is much required.
- Fresh air can bring more oxygen to your home.
- In case you live in smoggy places go for air filtration systems.
- By opening windows and proper ventilation even while we talk we intake oxygen which an involuntary but good practice.
- Some people breathe through the mouth, especially while sleeping and it’s not the right way of breathing one should stop this practice.
- By practice breathing our endurance increases and we can get through stressful situations.
- Practice slow and deep breathing will increase oxygen level and also brings calmness to the body.
- All the inhaling or breathing exercises can help us in proper breathing and we can do it regularly.
- Proning is simply a process of lying where our face and stomach will be facing downwards and it is a medically proven practice and it helps to maintain oxygen level.
- This is not advisable to all because one should be very precise with motions watch videos of proning before practicing it by doctors or else don’t do it at all.
- In pregnancy, cardiac issues you should not try proning, and even if you are healthy follow the step-to-step guide to avoid proning error.
- Meditation is highly advisable as while we meditate we concentrate on our breathing and we breathe equally.
- It calms our mind which makes us happy and it’s proven that the happiest people are healthier.
- Try to meditate in the open air as we can have fresh air and additional this way.
- If we meditate regularly our body feels a deep relaxation and we breathe slowly in this way our body requires less oxygen comparative to others.
Salt reduction in food:
- Try to reduce salt consumption because it can lead to shortness of breath it can also cause blotting so try to reduce or avoid salt in your diet.
- Increased salinity can lead to a reduction in dissolved oxygen levels.
- Salt intake can cause heart damage too so try avoiding salt or at least reduce it up to some level this way after few months you will get habitual to consume salt
Oxygen level can be increased or maintained by following few steps and making little changes in our life. Do keep a check on your oxygen level by using a pulse oximeter and if it is below 90% seek medical help. Above all practices can be followed by the healthier ones because they have side effects keep yourself healthy and happy. Try having fresh air as much as you can.Navigate to this page for more details about this new article.