When it comes to pre-treatment of the spots, you may need to use one or more of the products below, especially if the smell is very strong or has been present for a while. Under each product, instructions will be given to use it to remove the odor of urine.
Table of Contents
Arm & Spoon Pure Baking Soda 8 oz (Pack 6) Baking soda is a common homemade ingredient that smells good, and works best on new levels of urine. It is effective in absorbing urine that cannot be absorbed by simply closing the area. However, it may not work alone in old urine areas. You may need to use another product in the yard before using baking soda.
To use baking soda to remove urine odor, follow these steps:
- After wiping the stain, sprinkle baking soda liberally on a wet surface.
- Use a scrub brush or old toothbrush to apply baking soda to the strands;
- Let the baking soda sit for several hours overnight, depending on the size of the stain.
- Add baking soda, then wash clothes to remove any baking soda and all stains.
- You can also add baking soda to the bath to keep it sticky.
Biokleen Laundry Oxygen Bleach Plus 32 HE Loads – Concentrated Stain Remover, Whitens & Brightens, Eco-Friendly, Plant-based, No Artificial Fragrance or Preservatives, 2 Pounds, 32 Fl OzBleach is one of the most effective chemicals you can use to remove urine. . the smell. Because bleach is basic, it reduces uric acid leaving stains. However, bleach is also a very dangerous product that you can use, both for you and for your clothes. It is important to use it carefully and correctly and follow all safety precautions.
First, you will need to decide if you need chlorine or non-chlorine (oxygen) bleach. Chlorine bleach can be used on white clothes, but it will remove the dye from the black cloth in addition to removing the odor of urine. If you are working with colored clothes, you will need to use non-chlorine bleach.
Follow these steps to use bleach to remove urine odor:
Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands from the harsh chemicals found in bleach.
In a bucket or bath, reduce ¼ om cup of chlorine or non-chlorine bleach into one quart of water.
Soak a cloth in water and a bleach solution and let it sit for about three hours.
After soaking in water, wash clothes to remove stains. You can add extra bleach to the bath if necessary, following the instructions on the product label.
Heinz All-Natural Distilled White Vinegar, 5% Acidity, 16 Fl Ounce (1 Pint) Vinegar is very effective in removing urine from clothing when the smell is dry or long. It is very effective in extracting both pet and human urine, and you can use it in your washing machine. However, it is still a good idea to first treat clothing that has been contaminated with urine, especially if the odor is present for a long time.
Follow these steps to learn how to use vinegar to remove urine odor:
- In a bucket or tub, mix one cup of ground white vinegar with one gallon of water.
- Soak clothes in vinegar and water solution and let the clothes soak for a few hours or overnight.
- Optional Step: You can use baking soda after removing the vinegar to help absorb any odor, by following the steps above.
- Wash clothes in the washing machine, adding 1 cup of vinegar instead of the washing machine.
- Wash with hot water unless the clothing label says otherwise.
MILLIARD Borax Powder – Cleaner (1 lb.) Borax is very effective in removing the odor of pets, especially from cats, on your clothes and more. You do not want to use it to soak up urine, but once the urine has been removed, you can use Borax to help eliminate the odor.
If you are using Borax to remove urine odor from clothing and accessories, follow these steps:
- In a small bowl or bowl, combine a cup of Borax with ¼ salt, ¼ vinegar, and a little water.
- Dip a rug or sponge into the water, cut it, and use it to clean the dirt.
- Let the mixture sit on the stain for about 45 minutes.
- If you use it for clothes, wash clothes in the washing machine. You can add bath vinegar if necessary.
- If you use it for upholstery, wipe the Borax mixture on the upholstery and wipe the surface.
Amazon Brand – Solimo Hydrogen Peroxide Topical Solution USP, 32 Fl OzHydrogen peroxide can be used to remove urine odor as a safe way to use bleach, especially when the urine stain has grown. Works best with upholstery or carpet, but can also be used for furniture. However, you will need to mix it with other products.
Here’s how to use hydrogen peroxide to remove urine odor from upholstery and clothing.
- In a spray bottle, mix 10 ounces of liquid hydrogen peroxide with 3 tablespoons of baking soda and a few drops of dish soap.
- Hydrogen peroxide can remove color from certain fabrics, so spray the mixture on the exposed area and check for any aging before using it.
- Sprinkle the stain with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and let it sit on the cloth for about an hour.
- Wash clothes, add 1 cup of bath vinegar if necessary to remove any odor.
Enzyme Laundry Detergent
Biokleen Bac-Out Stain Remover for Clothes & Carpets – 128 Ounce – Enzyme, Eliminates Stains and Odors Safely, Pet Stains, Clocks, Nappies, Wine, Carpets – Eco-Friendly, Plant-Enzyme-based washing detergents are available for purchase. the same area as other laundry products. They work best on proteins based on proteins such as blood and urine because they contain powerful enzymes that break down and eat away at spots. They also remove odors from the process. Here’s how to use an enzyme laundry detergent:
After pre-treating the stain in one or more of the above ways, you will want to wash the clothes to complete the stain.
Wash your clothes the way you normally would, using an enzyme cleaner instead of your regular laundry detergent.
It is best to wash clothes in warm or hot water to make the enzyme cleaner more efficient, but if the clothes cannot be washed with hot water, then cool water is also fine. Just check the care mark first.
After washing clothes, check to see if the odor has been removed. If not, wash the clothes again with a cleansing enzyme.
After washing clothes with urine, it is best to let them dry, especially outdoors in the sun. Drying the fabric in the air will help to remove the odor as the fabric dries and gives you an idea of whether or not the scent has been removed. If you still notice the smell after drying the clothes, you will need to wash the cloth again or repeat any of the above methods.
The Best Way to Remove Urine Smell
- The best way to remove urine from clothes is to treat a watery stain:
- You will want to clear the stain, then use baking soda to retain the stain and aroma.
- Clean the baking soda, then soak the clothes in vinegar and water solution.
- Wash clothes using an enzyme laundry detergent and allow the air in the clothes to dry.
What Is The Best Urine Washing Machine?
The best washing detergent you can use to remove urine odor is enzymatic laund detergent. These detergents contain enzymes that break down certain stains, and are designed to remove strong stains such as blood, urine, and even food-based stains.
Enzyme-based washing detergents will label it that way. However, some of them are listed as heavy, while others claim to be directly related to urine. A vacuum cleaner marked is your best bet, but any enzymatic washing machine should do the trick.